Volatile Organic Compounds are Highly Toxic and Dangerous

Make Your Home & Office Safe to
Live and Breathe!

Find out how you might be exposed to volatile organic compounds or VOCs. Your health might depend on it!

Volatile Organic Compounds (VOCs) are emitted as gases from certain solids or liquids.

In the bedroom there are a few things you need to be aware of. In case you didn't know, dry cleaning uses some very toxic chemicals in its process and they are released into your wardrobe, into your other clothes, and into your bedroom.

Most new furniture, especially particleboard furniture and most new mattresses give off chemical fumes. These fumes are called VOCs (Volatile Organic Compounds) and they are given off by many household items. Usually you will only be able to smell them and often just has a "new" smell, like a new car smell. Yes that is actually a good example!

Best Air Cleaner
HEPA & Ionic Air Purifier for dust, smoke, allergies, asthma, viruses, dust mites, pet dander and odors

The House Plant Expert: The World's Best-Selling Book on House Plants
How to Identify & Care for Each Plant, Full Instructions

Ted’s Woodworking Projects
Get Instant Access to Over 16,000 Woodworking Projects and Plans Instantly!

Organic Mold Cleaner
Use a Cleaner That Will Not Harm You and Your Family.


VOCs are found in chemical cleaning products, air fresheners and pesticide sprays, plastics, and many carpets and furnishings.

VOCs can irritate your respiratory system; nose and throat and be a possible cause of allergies. They also can irritate your eyes and your skin. These irritations range from mild to severe in some cases. They can also trigger headaches, dizziness and nausea.

Some Volatile Organic Compounds are known or suspected carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Mixing chemical together, such as oven cleaners and some spray cleaners cause toxic VOCs to be released, and you really don't want to breathe them in! Household bleach and amonia-based cleaners are also volatile mixes.

So what affect to VOC's have on us?

VOCs can irritate your respiratory system; nose and throat and be a possible cause of allergies. They also can irritate your eyes and your skin. These irritations range from mild to severe in some cases. They can also trigger headaches, dizziness and nausea.

Some VOCs are known or suspected carcinogens such as formaldehyde. Mixing chemical together, such as oven cleaners and some spray cleaners cause toxic Volatile Organic Compounds to be released, and you really don't want to breathe them in! Household bleach and amonia-based cleaners are also volatile mixes.

How can I limit the VOCs in my home and office?

The first thing you can do is have a read of my 6 Easy Ways to Detox Your Home. Put these easy steps into practice and you will improve your indoor air quality and your health...outta sight!

New! Comments

Have your say about what you just read! Leave me a comment in the box below.

Enter your E-mail Address to Subscribe to my Free eZine
Enter your First Name
Then

Don't worry — your e-mail address is totally secure.
I promise to use it only to send you HomeofGoingGreenZine.