Toxic Mold Symptoms:
(It is important to note that these complaints may not be Toxic Mold Symptoms, but result from other causes.)
Molds, bacteria, pollen, and viruses are types of biological contaminants. These contaminants may breed in stagnant water that has accumulated in ducts, humidifiers and drain pans, or where water has collected on tiles, carpeting, or insulation. Sometimes insects or bird droppings can be a source of biological contaminants.
Physical symptoms related to biological contamination include fever, chills, cough, chest tightness, muscle aches, and allergic responses such as mucous membrane irritation and upper respiratory congestion. Legionell which has caused both Legionnaire's Disease and Pontiac Fever, is just one indoor bacterium.
How do I know if I have mold in my house?
Basically, follow your nose! You will probably be able to smell a musty or even a damp smell. That is the first indicator.
Next, check all the plumbing for any leakages, like under sinks etc. And of course, you will have to check if the roof is leaking into your ceiling space.
If you find any leaks, it is imperative to have them fixed and cleaned immediately. Either get in a Mold Remediation Specialist if it is a big job, or get the right product to do it yourself. Oh, and don't just go at it with bleach because you will just tox yourself out even more, and bleach doesn't kill all mold!
For mold infestations you need an organic mold remover to stop mold in it's tracks.
Use an Organic Mold Cleaner that will not harm you and your family.
Check out Detox Your Home for the big picture on ridding your home of toxic chemicals and mold infestations.
Are you getting sick and don't know why?
This is my story and hopefully it will help you.
About three years ago my husband and I moved into a rental house in an area that is prone to heavy fog. Everything was fine until the sun-room roof started to leak; profusely in heavy rain.
We reported this to the Real Estate who were "managing" the property and we were ignored. We reported it again and again, and about 3 months later they sent a handyman to look at it. Mistake Number 1!
This handyman just used a sealant to seal the roofing panels.
Mistake Number 2!
Over the next 3 months we noticed a musty smell in that room, and then lots of black spotty stuff all around the eaves, door jams, on the doors, window ledges etc.
We then reported this to the Real Estate and again it took them about 3 months to do anything about it. They sent a painter to look at painting over it! He just laughed at us when we said the mold might be making us sick.
By this time I was getting very sick. Actually we both were but my husband didn't attribute his clicking and frozen jaw to the mold. It wasn't until I read someone's else's story who had the same reaction to mold, that my husband realized that it was actually making him sick too.
My own symptoms were more obvious: many severe headaches sometimes lasting up to 3 days that drugs couldn't help; throat infections; laryngitis twice in 4 months; fainting spells; flu symptoms; a feeling of constant tiredness and having to nap every day. All this for a person who has lived naturally and healthily, eating organic foods and exercising, for many years; I, who had not been to the doctor in 20 years!
These were classic toxic mold symptoms. At that stage I didn't know what Healthy Homes were!
I started to research and found a couple of brilliant books about sick homes vs healthy homes. I read other people's stories and lots of facts about something that most people know nothing about. We were not believed, scoffed at, laughed at, and I am sure ridiculed for our quest to rid our home of mold and regain our precious health. By this stage I was unable to work any more. This was getting serious!
After many arguments with the Real Estate we stumbled upon the legal process we could take with them through a website search. And the other resource that saved our sanity was Mycologia the mold investigation and inspection specialists in Australia.
Amazingly, the Real Estate just told us to move out and for us to get any compensation or moving costs reimbursed, meant taking them to court. Well I just didn't have the energy to do that. We really weren't well, and all I wanted to do was just GET OUTTA THERE!
One of the worst things about it all was that no-one believed us and we were treated like hypochondriacs.
The one thing that sent my research in the right direction to diagnosing the problem, finding and reading other people's stories (the Internet, I love it).
Since we moved away from that house, we have recovered from the severe symptoms but find that we may have a higher than normal sensitivity to mold and other pollutants now. So don't let these things go, act now to save your health!
So now I want to pay it forward and help other people who may be suffering from mold poisoning or sick building syndrome, and not realize where the illness is coming from.
Do you have a story about this? Please share it so everyone can learn the dangers of a sick house!
Click below to see stories from other visitors to this page...
Finally found my answer!! Thanks to this website....
I'm not sure if this will answer anyone's questions, but I'm going to tell it anyways. After reading the above story, I think Ive finally found out what …
Family Sick... Mold?
Our house in Union Beach NJ was hit by hurricane Sandy. We had flooding which caused us to have to remove our first four feet of sheetrock all around …
According to the Environmental Protection Agency of the USA; The goal of a building investigation is to identify and solve indoor air quality complaints in a way that prevents them from recurring and which avoids the creation of other problems. To achieve this goal, it is necessary for the investigator(s) to discover whether a complaint is actually related to indoor air quality, identify the cause of the complaint, and determine the most appropriate corrective actions.
An indoor air quality investigation procedure is best characterized as a cycle of information gathering, hypothesis formation, and hypothesis testing. It generally begins with a walk through inspection of the problem area to provide information about the four basic factors that influence indoor air quality: