Finally found my answer!! Thanks to this website....

by Krisy
(N. Royalton, OH)

I'm not sure if this will answer anyone's questions, but I'm going to tell it anyways. After reading the above story, I think Ive finally found out what is going on in our house. My children and parents and I are always getting sick, and I'm not talking about once or twice a month, I'm talking about every single week here!

Our roof started leaking during late summer, due to this all of our carpeting, especially in mine and the kids rooms, were soaked from the wall to four feet out. The insurance company sent some workers to look at the roof and clean and dry the carpeting. To this day there is still a rusty coloring on all the carpets where the water was. I've been saying from day one that its mold, but like the above story, everyone just thinks I'm being paranoid and over-reacting.

Since then, all four of my children and my parents and I have been getting sick and feeling very tired all the time. My two year old son has been especially prone to sickness including fever, vomiting, stuffy nose, coughing, diarrhea and even a recurring rash all over his body. Doctors say things like "get used to it, its flu season." or "its his eczema or an allergic reaction to our laundry soap." I can never get a straight answer as to why my children are sick every single week with "something"...its very scary and frustrating. I've talked to a lot of people about the possibility of the mold making them sick and was told that fever and vomiting is not associated with mold. But, the more I read about it the more I'm seeing that it actually is associated with it.

Now, that Ive read this story, I am almost certain that this is why they are sick, my two year old more than the others. Now comes the hard part of trying to get an actual diagnosis so that everyone will believe me and realize that this is serious! I'm not even sure if a doctor can diagnose you with "mold exposure"?? Well, we'll find out won't we?

Thank you so much for sharing these stories, they have helped my family tremendously! Now the real journey starts for us! Wish me luck!

Comments for Finally found my answer!! Thanks to this website....

Average Rating starstarstarstarstar

Click here to add your own comments

Feb 06, 2013
Rating
starstarstarstarstar
Glad I could help!
by: Carol

Hi Krisy, I am so sorry to hear you are going through such a hard time, but I sure am glad I have helped you find some answers.

The story you read was mine, and so is this website. In fact, that experience put me on the path of setting up this website.

Now you need to find people to help you: a doctor (who knows about this)

Go to http://www.drthrasher.org/page7.html
for a list of physicians, hopefully there is one close to you. If not I would ring some of them to get referrals to doctors closer to you. Perhaps blood tests can be arranged from afar??

You will need to find out how to do mold mitigation. Do not use bleach as you will poison yourselves with the fumes and it doesn't work! Use a solution of vinegar and water. Go to the Mycologia website http://www.mould.com.au/ and they have many the answers, but they are in Australia. You can also go to the ad at the top right of this page:
http://www.homeofgoinggreen.com/toxic-mold-symptoms.html
It says "Secrets to Mold Removal" - I have the ad there because you can do this yourself but you need to know what you are doing. Professional mold mitigation costs a lot of money.

With your little one: "The American Academy of Pediatrics (AAP) warns that the toxic effects from mold, such as Stachybotrys, may cause severe health problems in infants, including acute vomiting, diarrhea, asthma attacks...".
http://pediatrics.aappublications.org/content/101/4/712.full

If mold is the cause you need to act. You can read more here...
http://articles.mercola.com/sites/articles/archive/2011/09/03/molds-making-you-ill.aspx

I do hope you find the help you need. I know how scary and frustrating it is, but keep going and you will get through it.

Blessings to you and your family
Carol

Click here to add your own comments

Join in and write your own page! It's easy to do. How? Simply click here to return to Sick House Stories.